Why should we caption our video content?
Interesting facts from the world of captioning
- Up to 85% of videos on social media are played with the sound turned off.
- Captions aid foreign language learning.
- Videos with captions can be played even by those who cannot turn their sound on.
- Captions help viewers understand the content more easily.
- According to Act No. 99/2019 Coll. on Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications of Public Sector Bodies, state institutions are obliged to provide captions for audiovisual content.
- Captions make content accessible to people with hearing impairments.
- Captions allow you to watch videos even during work meetings 😊. And it must be said that some meetings would be better spent watching videos.
- Captions boost your SEO and if you also have subtitles in another language, you are addressing a much wider audience.